11 May 2016

1 down 1 to go.

I had my counseling session today via Skype with the fertility clinic.

That was interesting. And awkward.

It's uncomfortable enough for me to tell a counselor something to their face, but on a screen was doubly weird.

I felt like it went okay, though. She didn't outright say "You're good to go!" but I didn't get "No fucking way." either.

I'm pretty hopeful.

M&A got the card (that I sent on May 3) today. They loved it! I sent them a postcard from my recent trip to Ottawa today, too.

Now just for my medical screening on Saturday.

Holy cow, that's only four days away!

I'm cautious but optimistic. I got pregnant on my own twice just fine, I don't see any reason why I shouldn't with a little (a lot) of help.

With any luck I'll have my hormone protocol when I leave and I'll be able to start the medications real soon.

If all goes according to plan we could be looking at a July or August transfer!

M&A's donor eggs are being retrieved on Friday, they'll get the embryos started, and at 6 days they'll do genetic testing on them. Crossing my fingers that they're perfect. Then it's all up to me!

Exciting stuff happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment