22 August 2016

Here goes round two.

Yesterday was cycle day 1 (CD1) so today I've started my meds. I have a few new ones!

Estrace - 2 pills, 3x daily
Prednisone - 1x daily
Aspirin - 1x daily
Materna - 1x daily
Folic Acid - 1x daily

In case you can't count, that's 10 pills a day!

And you know what, I miscounted this morning when I was filling up my pill organizer. I somehow forgot one of them and spent the entire day thinking it was only 9. Writing that all out made me realize my mistake. Whoops! haha

I'll do lining check around the end of the month. Hopefully everything will look good. I'm hoping for more than 9mm, but I'll take what I can get. I'm going to, hopefully, consume a lot of foods that help the uterine lining. I had a list last time but have since deleted it.

And then again, shortly after that, will be transfer day.

I'm kind of worried about when this is going to happen. My kids start school September 6. My son is only there for half an hour the first day, to meet his teacher and classmates, and starts full time the next day.

Going by my timeline last time, transfer will be scheduled for the 6th. I'm reaaaallly hoping it won't be. Especially since I don't think my mom can take the day off again. So cross your fingers and toes for me that it just isn't THAT day.

Heck, even Labour Day would be fine lol.

But man, the period you get after stopping the meds is just rude. Constant, consistent cramps from approx 5 to when I went to sleep, maybe 11:30. HOURS of cramping that felt like my uterus was trying to detach itself from my body. I told a friend to not be surprised if I told her the next day that I'd coughed it up.

I use the Diva Cup and have never had a problem with leakage. In the multitude of years I've been having a period, I've never leaked at night through my method of coverage. Well, I broke two records in one night! I woke up around 6:15 and just knew that it wasn't going to be good. And it sure wasn't.

It's been a lovely, lovely day. I just can't wait for this to be over. And I hope it never happens again (that the transfer works this time).

I asked a few of my surro friends about what time they do their PIO injections during the day. I was doing mine around 9:30PM; that way I had time to sit and relax with the heating pad. I think this time I'm going to do them in the morning. See if that makes any type of difference.

The nurse had said this time we're also doing an intralipid infusion (fats and nutrients, basically) and we're to use embryo glue during the transfer. It just makes the embie extra sticky. I also assume my PIO will be upped and I'll have to start the suppositories, or capsules, as well. I've heard wonderful things about the suppositories.

Also, apparently some women even have to do the Estrace vaginally O.O

Fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment