21 October 2016

A few more bumps in the road.

My apologies for the crappy hiatus.

The period that I posted about last time lasted 10 days. Other than having my own children, I have never bled that long, ever. So obviously if my uterus was still shedding it wouldn't be favourable for transfer so soon, so it was cancelled.

My nurse called in a script to induce a period. I forget now what it was called. I took those for 5 days and then had another period that was 8 days long. So in 23ish days, I bled for 18 of them. Not a particularly fun experience.

I decided to skip the next cycle after that one, to let me body regulate itself back and figure itself out. It doesn't like being messed with apparently. I think it was a hard decision for my IFs to accept, but I need to make sure I'm healthy first before putting my body through another transfer. I have my doubts that it would have worked anyway, if we'd gone right into it.

So now, we're just waiting for my cycle to start again. Projected, in about 6 days. Just in time for the next surro retreat!

I'm so very excited for it. The past few months have not been easy so it will be nice to get away for even just the weekend.

Really though, surro life has been pretty boring. When there's nothing going on, there's nothing to write about. Hence the hiatus.

Honestly, in a way I'm kind of glad for the failed transfer. My entire journey has not been the typical, sunshine-y, success story you usually see in the media. It hasn't been terrible though, either. I think if it had worked the first time and everything went perfectly, and I decided to do this again down the road, and it didn't happen the first time again, I'd be more hurt than I was this time.

I try hard to see the silver lining and I think that's what this one is.

Besides, perfect success stories are boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment